Saturday, September 19, 2020
SA MATCH
SA's match. The match started with Coach telling us that it was gonna be a tough game, somewhat like Vj's standard. Nonetheless, despite his words and the bad grouping we were in, we held on tightly to faith, we believed in each other. I love my team. First half was okay cause both schools and equal chances of attacking and we were holding them back strong. Approaching the end to the first half, they scored. I think it's the shot where Chyiyin saved it between her feet but the moment she opened her legs again, they took it in. But the moment i saw the ball between her feet, I literally freezed for awhile. I knew there was a 50-50% chance of a goal but I prayed hard that it wouldn't me. A part of me wished I yelled for her to keep her feet together, but I didn't. After the 1st half, the morale was up up up cause the coach said "girls we have hope. We have hope... We might draw with them or even fight with them" there you go, the best morale booster ever. Did our See the passion, feel the aggression cheer ad we went onto the pitch again. But the weather was starting to get realllllly crazy and hot. So at about 10mins into the game, my energy was close to being drained. I asked coach to sub me out but he refused and rejected me flat. Then I could hear my juniors telling me to endure and hang it there. And so i did. My throat was literally perched and I couldn't even swallow my saliva cause it was so dry.. We had our fair chance to attack, and together, we brought the ball down to their 25yard a couple of times. There was once I dribbled from our 25 all the way to theirs but at the moment when I was supposed to sweep in, I screwed it up. I lost in my fitness...It's smth that I could've trained harder for. No it's not about runnin and sprinting normally, instead I should train my sprints in the afternoon when it's unbearably hot. That's where I would train my endurance... That aside, I pushed myself and forced every single bit of energy left to continue. I know my team was fighting too, we all want it so badly. Then another silly goal was let in......... I was so upset but no we couldn't lose heart. Thankfully we had a few short corners too and at one of them, Donna passed the ball to Shermaine and she took a shot. When the ball hit and sounded the board, I was over the moon. That was our first ever goal scored during nationals and we were all beaming with pride and joy. all the tears, sweat, blood and muscle aches were all worth it at that point. All the people who thinks that NJ hockey would definitely be eliminated or that we suck can just suck it up cause we scored. Team glory:') The next thing I know, a few of us were hugging together while cherishing the moment. It felt really good. And this was when we felt more confident and we knew that we could fight for a draw. There were a lot of opportunities for us to attack and score but we didn't fight hard enough. We were all tired, and we definitely slowed down. But I dare say that we were all fighting till the very last minute. But SA wasn't letting us attack too, they were scared and they want it as badly as us. Plus they mustn't let us win cause it would be like making history. From 4th to like a team that is eliminated from the first round, what would people think. And so they retaliated and scored another goal. But coach said that two of the three goals were silly mistakes made by us. And that srsly sucks cause it just meant that if it weren't for the silly goals, we wouldve drawn with them and hope that VJ would thrash SA. The moment the final whistle was blown, it was over... we lost the game... We lost e game. But we hugged together and I know, we won the best team. This journey hasn't been an easy one. How we fought for the hockey D, how we fought for training days, how we fought so hard for hockey. We made tremendous improvement. But when George said"J2s, your journey is over.." it struck me and I wanted to tear so badly. It made me feel worse when George said I was as good as Donna and nth else was bad abt me, I prolly lack in fitness on that day. I felt so bad. He had high expectations and it felt like I failed him. Thn he was like "questions?" and I said "can we take a picture w you?" and after the picture was taken I couldnt hold it back anymore, I just cried when derrick low asked us to gather. The next thing I know, the whole team was crying. It was so.... sad. Dreamt of match on monday night and wed night (shermine ailiynn had e ball and had 2 good chances to score but they didn't) wrong decision, George
No comments:
Post a Comment